The 3 Main Fall/Winter 2013 Accessories that are essential to every girl’s wardrobe this year; Choker Necklaces, Beanies, and Mid Finger Rings.
Let’s break it down..
The choker necklace gets reworked for fall, from heavy chains to punk spikes and everything in between. The key here is to make it a statement, letting your jewellery do all the talking. All of fall 2013’s fashion has allowed lots of jewelry to take center stage and make a statement. From plain to spiked, jeweled, and heavily chained, this is a look that has made a strong comeback and is here to stay.
Key to sporting the beanie hat with style and poise all throughout fall and winter is learning to embrace the atypical. Forget about all about the previously established rules that enforce casual combos and instead bet on eccentricity. Mix and match styles, clash aesthetics and follow your instincts, because either on your way to work or to a girls night out, the beanie hat becomes unavoidable and a fab statement piece:
- Offset the boyish/casual vibes of the beanies with sleek silhouettes, sophisticated cuts and the mandatory pair of high heels
- Don’t be afraid to go all out, by paring the beanie with something utterly feminine and refined, much like a floor-sweeping evening gown
- For an extra dose of glamour, go for the newest takes on Jil Sander’s iconic netted beanie; Kate Spade added the veil to a cute pom-pom hat
- In terms of outerwear, a structured coat, offers the greatest amount of contrast, making the entire look appear ultra-modern and chic
- If going monochromatic is too plain for you, be fearless! A vivid print works like a charm when paired with a knitted pom-pom beanie
- A pair of boyish shorts, a knitted sweater and a pair of flats, topped off with a fitted beanie is the best way to reinforce your casual go-to combo for the chilly days to come!
- For a cool androgynous approach, pair the beanie with menswear inspired blazers and coats, cropped pants and button-downs
- A quilted bomber jacket, flared skirt, and straight beanie hat combination will translate to a super-cool interpretation of the recently revived neo-grunge trend
- Preppy never looked more charming; wear your slouchy beanie this fall with fitted mini skirts, cardigans and knee-high boots
Mid Finger Rings
No longer confined to the usual place, rings have made the transition to mid-digits. Having fingers dripping with rings was never more the truth as knuckles and mid-fingers get stacked with jewels.